[caption id="attachment_1910" align="alignright" width="300"] These yummy biscuits would make perfect gifts[/caption] These yummy cookies make a great base for all sorts of ingredient combinations and make perfect gifts. Ingredients 125g unsalted butter 60g (3oz) caster sugar 60g (3oz) soft light brown sugar 1 egg ½ tsp vanilla essence 200g plain flour pinch of salt ¼ tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda 80g dried cranberries, chopped 60g white chocolate chips plus 60g white chocolate for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas mark 3.
- Cream together the butter and both types of sugar, then break in the egg, add the vanilla essence and mix well together.
- Sift together the flour, salt, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda, then add to the creamed mixture until a dough forms. Lastly stir in the cranberries and chocolate into the dough.
- Wrap in cling film and put in the fridge for half an hour to an hour. Flour a surface and roll out the dough until it is around 1 ½ cm thick (if the dough is too wet, sprinkle flour over the surface of the dough). Using cookie cutters, make shapes out of the dough and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies are a light golden on top. Leave on the sheets for about 10 minutes to cool and set before transferring to a wire rack.
- Melt the white chocolate for drizzling, and once the cookies are cool, drizzle over with a spoon.
Makes: 8 cookies Cooking: 10 minutes Preparation: 20 minutes
Written by Alice Fotheringham, Piccolo's organic baby food in house infant nutritional therapist. www.mylittlepiccolo.com